Tuesday 29 April 2008

Unsweet FA for Darren!



RANT: Darren Purse. He has become so accident prone as to be a liability. I can't make out whether the tackle for which he was sent off on Saturday was deliberate or not but it was certainly rash and leaves the team short of cover in central defence for Wembley. OK - he wouldn't have been ahead of Johnson and Loovens for selection but he was at least a credible back up. I think it is time for Darren to move on, providing an accepatble replacement can be found (and I'm sure there are many of those).

RANT: The club are appealing to the FAW to have his red card overturned. No chance. Even if he was innocent, or even if the referee admitted he had sent off the wrong player, or if Andy Cole said "It's a fair cop, he never touched me and I dived!", the FAW would still uphold his red card because they can't stand the fact that Cardiff have reached the FA cup final. The small minded old farts hate any Welsh club playing in the English system and will do all in their power to undermine Cardiff and all the others whenever possible. Lets leave the Welsh FA and join England. Leave the FAW to play with themselves while we move on with the rest of the world.

I'm not sure what sort of game we will have on Sunday against Barnsley - I hope Johnson and Loovens look after themselves. We have plenty of midfield cover at the moment and the strikers are all equally inept so I am not worried about injuries there, but these 2 are our only central defenders so lets keep our fingers crossed for them!

No comments: